Similar to a book report you write in school, movie reports entail the essential parts beyond the film’s summary. In other words, you write about the main characters, their roles and the life lessons an audience can take from the film, itself. You gather notes from the book, compare and contrast the story-line to the film.
Here are examples of a book report:
- What is the book’s story-line?
- Who are the main characters?
- Who is the protagonist?
- Who is the antagonist?
- What have you learned from the book?
Here are examples of a movie report:
- Write the film’s synopsis with 32 words or less.
- Name & Describe the characters.
- What are the main characters’ purposes in the film?
- What are the similarities and differences between the film & book versions?
- Overall conclusion about the life lessons audiences can gather from the film.