- Begins to take responsibility for his own behavior and actions. (For example, when he apologized to Marty after yelling him due to a dog biting him on the leg).
- Was accused of murder by the entire town after a local citizen was killed. Turned out it was two different people who were running after David and Marty. No apologies from the community.
- Saved Shiloh and Marty’s lives after they nearly drowned in the river and eventually, earned respect from the entire community.
- Got a job with the Fire & Rescue Squad.
- Mentioned briefly that no matter what mood his father was in, he would beat him regardless.
*Side Note from all three of the films:*
- You can’t change people overnight. Not only do you have to show kindness and work with them patiently at a slow rate, they themselves have to catch on and eventually will learn how to control what they say, how to react and how both of these can reflect on their character. In other words, action speaks louder than words.
- You must discover the truth as to why that person’s mean rather than gossip about them because you never know what they went through in their life.