Before you begin designing your background for your website on WordPress.com, open Photoshop and try to do the following:
1. Scroll your mouse up to “File” and click “New.”
2. The preset can be set to photo and the background contents to background color
3. Select your background color and use the paint bucket tool, which will color your background paper for you
4. Click on “T” which stands for text
5. Choose font/font color
6. Type in whatever you would like to have for your website background
7. You can shift your words in different directions
8. If you would like to draw something for your background, remember to create new layers.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to comment and I will respond as soon as possible.